Thursday, January 26, 2012

Moments

There's a moment when:

  • you realize a once significant date is unremarkable 
  • you bypass a chocolate/sweet/treat because you never were a fan of them and have broke the habit of sharing a colleague's candy bowl
  • you realize you've run longer or farther than you ever had before 
  • the sight of someone's name raises little or no negative emotion or jaw clench or muscle tension
  • a walking route becomes a favourite because it has a hill that you enjoy cresting
  • a recipe that had turned out ho-hum before finally worked (probably because I followed it)
  • (your own)

those and so many others are the moments when I remember I'm through/over/past "it", that I'm stronger than I had myself thinking, that time does help and that attitude does more.  And what I try to remind myself when I'm not quite there, because I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment