Hockey tape was the answer to my recent TKD problem of finding something to protect my feet but not land me on my behind, during last class's umpteen kicks. It kept the band-aid in place (friction burn from all the kick's last week) and allowed me to pivot.
So yay - and hockey tape is pretty ubiquitious in my rural northern town. I also got over my fear of a certain kick (the move I tore my ACL on). I was nervous, my hands were actually shaking before hand but after a few misses, I landed some strong ones and will only get better with practice.
Also after reading this article on creating routine and habits for success I'm making a few more minor changes. Making water drinking a habit (when I wake up, when I get in to work, before I leave work, etc.) and also taking a stronger look at my diet, I am a pretty healthy eater - veggies are some of my favourite things on the planet but I was also eatin more sweet treats than my body can handle if I want to lose weight. I'm of the philosophy that some are fine but I don't want to be counter-productive.
No comments:
Post a Comment