Monday, February 27, 2012

One month from my goal date.

Or rather my updated goal as originally I wanted to be in the jeans before 2012. But it didn’t happen so I set a new goal. But no more sliding dates! Here is my “S.M.A.R.T” goal.

Specific – Zoe-style, Mavi jeans size 28, bought April 19, 2011
Measurable – jeans on and feeling good
Attainable – I have the jeans in my closet
Realistic – this isn't just a 5 week effort but several months in the making 
Timely – one month from now – March 31st

To do it, I’ll have to continue to make healthy and enjoyable choices at the grocery store and in the kitchen and keep up the walking, dancing and kicking. 

And keep in mind what this is really about. It’s just a pair of jeans and fitting in them is not a measure of my happiness or worth.  And rather than keep looking back where I was when I first wore them I am instead going to look forward to the fun, and adventures that are ahead and where else I’ll take the jeans (not where they’ll take me). 

4 comments:

  1. great attitude. Where will you take your jeans? I love that. I want to take my jeans to the grand cannon and not just to stand at the top and look down... I want to hike down into the cannon and of course hike back up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna.

      I love the idea of you taking your jeans down and up the grand cannon - when you do (and you will) - post a photo!

      Delete
  2. You can do this!!! Yes you can, I know you will. And then, yes where will you take your jeans? You know, I really want to hit my goal weight and get a body massage. I want one really bad but I want to get to my goal weight and stay there for a few weeks and then that's my treat.
    Take car eand have a blessed evening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I really feel I'm getting there too and it feels great.
      A massage is a great goal.

      Delete