Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Black bean brownies (for real)

I left work on time! And did laundry and sorted stuff and made pizza and then...I got an idea to do some baking (rarely happens, doesn't always work out)


In the oven currently baking are black bean brownies - I've been interested in them ever since I saw this recipe for white bean blondies  and then I saw this http://pattycake.ca/node/370 and sort of combined the two recipes to make my own...fingers crossed.  I guess the proof really "is in the pudding"



Black Bean Brownies
Puree and blend together:
1/4 cup veg oil (I used an olive-canola blend)
3/4 cup black beans, pureed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup frozen applejuice concentrate
1 tbsp ground flax seed 

pinch of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon fruit sweetened jam
1/3 c cocoa 
1 cup flour 
1 dash cinnamon*
1 dash nutmag*
1 dash ground ginger*
* I used this as I thought it may need a kick of flavour – one of the recipes called for coffee, which I've had before in brownies and was nice.  
Grease and dust a smallish pan - baked at 350 for 30 min.
I'll report back tomorrow on them 

2 comments: