Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Savin'

I woke up with the Cake version of the song "I will survive" in my head.  Most specifically the line “But now I’m saving all my loving for someone who’s loving me”.  I can only imagine what I was dreaming about but it made me think how strong and valuable a statement and concept that is.  Saving all my loving for someone who’s loving me - of course!  (Acts of compassion aside)To do otherwise is a frustrating and often pointless effort. 

And I realize that this can be applied more more broadly to life -  I’m going to save my love, time, energy, money for those (person, place, projects, charities, exercise, food, etc.) I get something back from.  And let the others fade away.  A little selfish sounding?  I see how it present that way but I think about giving more to few than less to many.   

  • Like choirs, I'm in two but I really only enjoy one, so now I'm going to focus on that one.
  • Or food, I'd rather go with my favourite, high nutrition food (sometimes more expensive)rather than a lot of others. Yes, mangoes can be expensive but about as much as a bag of ju-jubes.  And I know which one I'm going to "get" more back from
  • People, I can be polite and pleasant to almost anyone (really) but trying to have everyone my friend can be exhausting.  Rather I will accept that sometimes the timing or chemistry just isn't there (true for non-plantic and platonic friends alike) and let them be.
What do you think?  In your various paths what have you let go or chose to refocus your energies on?
 
Today's post is brought to you by Cake
Day's highlights:


  • Sunshine, always nice but particularly after storms
  • Edamame - such a tasty, fresh veggie (legume?) - very "spring" tasting.  I like them raw with lemon juice or mixed in with pasta and parmasean.
  • Lunch time singing practice

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are honing in on what is important!, and rather than spreading yourself thin you are looking for quality over quantity. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past 6 months or so I have been doing more of this then trying to do it all or hoping everyone will love me or even like me. It's not possible and I can' do it all so I'm learning.
    Thanks for stopping by, it's been a bit since I came here, thanks for the reminder.
    Take care and have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete