A couple of projects I've been percolating came out today and got positive feedback, we did a group cheer and presentation of chocolates to two co-workers that have really done extra duty the last couple of weeks. And the men in my office are all so tickled over their moustaches, it's pretty funny. Some just look unkempt, while some are coming in well with one guy is well on his way to a Magnum...
Also I had a little discussion with my boss about some work that I don't feel is my responsibility and so I've low prioritized it but she seems to think differently. We didn't really come to an understanding but she did acknowledge that she hadn't been clear about what was expected and didn't give me proper training on the database. So that helped, but I think it was more that it was acknowledged and out there. I've known it was coming, and was dreading the conversation, (my last supervisor and director were un-supportive, micro-managing asses by times...but that's a whole other post/blog/therapy session). And then today I was reminded that, like so much in life, it's never as bad as I (we?) imagine it to be.
Anyway, I hope to in the next week bring it up again with her and a colleague and get clarity, about just what is expected and what time I can give to this.
On that note - off to beds I go.
This post is brought to you by The Youngbloods
Highlights
- Lunch...microwaved shepherd's pie
- Sunshine...I shouldn't say it out loud for fear it'll run away - but it was lovely today
- Dinner - a conglomeration of cabbage, carrots, donair meat (wild!) - sautéed together with chicken broth (I rarely cook with oil), over pasta and a few dobs of plain yogurt for creaminess and to take some of the spiciness of the meat. Yep...tastes good, looks like cole-slaw. This won't ever be a blog with beautiful food pics.
I am glad talking to the boss turned out so well. I always hated that. Heck I still hate talking to my daycare parents about stuff and they always take whatever I've said with a smile.
ReplyDeleteHave a great rest of the week. Take care and God Bless!!
sounds like a good day overall.
ReplyDeleteI would find it very hard to do a job with vague expectations. Heck, sometimes i find it hard to do my job where the expectations are very rigid and clear.