Yes, the 17 day diet.
I’ve had three friends try and have success with this in the last three months. Their experiences ranged from one who just did the first 17 days (lost 8lbs) and then went back to her usual (she has gained 3lbs back) to another who has been at it since January and enjoys it now but will admit to more off-diet days than perscribed but still has lost 25lbs and her skin glows, glows!
My roommate has lost 11lbs in the first two cycles (about a month) and feels it mostly in her upped energy levels and settled digestive system and is getting back in clothes she hasn't in a while. She actually didn't think it would work or have the impact it did but tried it to support her parents who were starting it (they've since stopped). She has another 4 pounds to get to her goal weight and feel that much more confident in a sassy dress she has for her brother's chichi wedding at the end of May.
So this is something I’m looking at as I’d like to be 7 lbs slimmer (give or take) and then hold there. The idea being that I'll lose and over a month+ shake up some habits that I can keep.
I rarely do anything spur of the moment, I take my time with decisions and changes and look at different angles and options (to a fault, I'll admit) so it'll be another few days before I decide if this is something I'll want to do.
I know now I will need to figure out an adaptation for the days I have TKD... as seen below, the classes are intense. I think I'll have to break the guideline of no fruit after 2pm and have at least a banana before class.
I’ve had three friends try and have success with this in the last three months. Their experiences ranged from one who just did the first 17 days (lost 8lbs) and then went back to her usual (she has gained 3lbs back) to another who has been at it since January and enjoys it now but will admit to more off-diet days than perscribed but still has lost 25lbs and her skin glows, glows!
My roommate has lost 11lbs in the first two cycles (about a month) and feels it mostly in her upped energy levels and settled digestive system and is getting back in clothes she hasn't in a while. She actually didn't think it would work or have the impact it did but tried it to support her parents who were starting it (they've since stopped). She has another 4 pounds to get to her goal weight and feel that much more confident in a sassy dress she has for her brother's chichi wedding at the end of May.
So this is something I’m looking at as I’d like to be 7 lbs slimmer (give or take) and then hold there. The idea being that I'll lose and over a month+ shake up some habits that I can keep.
I rarely do anything spur of the moment, I take my time with decisions and changes and look at different angles and options (to a fault, I'll admit) so it'll be another few days before I decide if this is something I'll want to do.
I know now I will need to figure out an adaptation for the days I have TKD... as seen below, the classes are intense. I think I'll have to break the guideline of no fruit after 2pm and have at least a banana before class.
Hi there.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I found your blog and could read about 17 day diet experiences.
By accident I came across this diet last week and have been wondering whether to give it try to not. My public library does not have this book so I have requested it. But they did have the cookbook which I checked out and browsed a bit. Their recipes seem easy and do not require too much effort. I was very glad since I am not much of a cook, lol.
By the way congratulations on your weight loss. So far I have only read two entries and my impression is that you are almost done. Way to go. I am off to read more entries.
Thanks Pauline. I'm not a fan of fads but despite the name this one really just makes sense. There's a yogurt-flax oil-prune combo my roommate makes that looks "ew" but she says is a wonder food for energy. (and this is a gal that was pretty healthy + 8 years yoga practice)
DeleteGood luck! Maybe we'll give this a try together.