Friday, May 11, 2012

day 5 - note

I haven't been sleeping as much as usual because I keep waking up early- and yet I am feeling energized.  Normally I am a great sleeper and feel blah if I have less than 7.5 but yesterday on 7 hours I was kind of buzzing but in a happy productive way not a substance abuse way.

My roommate guessed it was the green tea that's a big part of the 16+1 day diet, but I haven't been drinking it. I'm not a fan though I did buy some other kinds to experiement with.

I was very hungry the first two days but the last three, not so much; I think I've worked out a better plan with my meals and snacks so I'm doing well.

Yesterday as example - calories about 1250

Breakfast - smoothie - yogurt, kefir, unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/3 banana
Morning snack - 5 almonds
Lunch - cup and a half of grilled asparagus and kale with nutritional yeast (kind of cheesy taste, good iron) and 4oz lean pork chop that had been baked in 1/4 cup applejuice.  "Super yogurt" = yogurt, kefir, teaspoon of flaxseed oil, 3 prunes
Afternoon snack - blackberres
Dinner - olive and feta scrambled eggs
Evening - big mug of unsweetened almond milk with stevia

So that's me - no weigh-ins until a week, that was a good piece of advice from a friend, it was a bad habit.

Good luck all and enjoy the weekend (if it's a break for you)

2 comments:

  1. I like your menu. And I didn't know nutritional yeast is a good source of iron. Good to know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I should have clarified - it's good because I was told calcium blocks iron absorbtion, whereas the B12 in nutritional yeast is helpful.

      Delete