I’ve been feeling good and as my roommate is away and the weather is lovely and warm I’ve been wandering around the place wearing less clothes than usual and enjoying checking myself out in the mirror. *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qN6TCY85c (1:57).
And even with the expected off-plan days and the day of unstoppable snacking described in the last post, the scale reads 5 pounds less than before I started this whole 16+1 thing. I don’t remember ever having a healthy type of loss like this before.
Now how much of it is “water weight” and how much loss is stored body fat… no idea, whatever, something’s happening and in a good way.
I'll continue with my modified plan and then start working in more exercise. My leg is getting better too with physio so I’m looking to get back to TKD in June.
Today was Victoria Day, so a holiday ("the 24th of May is the Queen's birthday!" or nearabouts) I had my family and a good friend over for dinner. I made a greek salad and a chicken coconut curry. It was fantabulous, if I do say so myself. Not exactly as perscribed but I did skip the rice. Recipes like that are pretty easy to adapt, so I can keep to a lower carb plan and still be social with meals.
One down side is my eczema has acted up in the last few days (maybe all the alterna-milks) so I'll keep an eye on that.
And even with the expected off-plan days and the day of unstoppable snacking described in the last post, the scale reads 5 pounds less than before I started this whole 16+1 thing. I don’t remember ever having a healthy type of loss like this before.
Now how much of it is “water weight” and how much loss is stored body fat… no idea, whatever, something’s happening and in a good way.
I'll continue with my modified plan and then start working in more exercise. My leg is getting better too with physio so I’m looking to get back to TKD in June.
Today was Victoria Day, so a holiday ("the 24th of May is the Queen's birthday!" or nearabouts) I had my family and a good friend over for dinner. I made a greek salad and a chicken coconut curry. It was fantabulous, if I do say so myself. Not exactly as perscribed but I did skip the rice. Recipes like that are pretty easy to adapt, so I can keep to a lower carb plan and still be social with meals.
One down side is my eczema has acted up in the last few days (maybe all the alterna-milks) so I'll keep an eye on that.
Congratulations. Way to go on losing 5 pounds so far.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteThis high protein low carb thing seems to be the way to go! Congrats on the GREAT loss. I am just finishing week #4 of a hplc meal plan and am down 10lbs. It seems to easy.
ReplyDeleteThanks - I'm with you and as long as I keep being creative (and feeling ok saying no to unneeded treats (some treats are fine) - I think it's something I'll stick with.
Delete