Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why blog?

This is my first blog, though I've been a reader of blogs for years – mostly artistic based blogs (a singer who posted as she recorded her first solo album, a writer getting feedback on chapters of a book she was writing) or travel blogs and then came some food blogs. And as you know there are tonnes out there – luv 'em (one of my faves)– so appreciate the recipes and pretty pictures and gosh food – luv it. And I commented from time to time but it still felt like a reader/audience relationship rather than a fair exchange. 

friend of mine who knew that I wanted to get back into good habits and shape (and the jeans) encouraged me to start a blog as she had and we could support each other in this. And I took her up on it. I started in September and have not been a very regular blogger. Lately my work is mostly on the computer and so once I leave the office I prefer to not type another word.
 
Also I am still not sure of the tone and information (just about nutrition and fitness) or even if the design and structure is what I want to maintain. And I overthink before I write sometimes.

But, but, but the biggest reason I haven't been posting regularly is I haven't really committed (read walking the talk) to making changes. I say I'm too stressed, tired, achy, (lonely, bored,), busy to make the changes – changes that I know will alleviate the previous complaints (the lonely thing being that I get myself into a group activity). 

Not so smart. Anyone have a BB gun I can borrow to shoot myself in the foot while I'm at it?

And so I don't want to write...today nothing doing, tomorrow nothing doing. But I think that is one of the big reasons why people blog about fitness, health, weight-loss, finances, to be accountable, to record goals and plans and efforts towards those and to be accountable.  And it's keeping me at it - so thanks for all the comments and advice and for sharing your own efforts - keeps me motivated too.  

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to commit and stay committed. I fall off the wagon but I get back in. You can do this too. Diet and life style changes are not easy but they are worth the effort as times goes by and you feel better, feel stronger and healthier. Keep blogging cuz it really does help.
    Relax and enjoy your weekend. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get started it wil be easier and easier to maintain, it's usually just the first few weeks that are so difficult.. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, you're right. I think I just keep forgetting that it took a while for me to get to where I was fitness/eating habits before.

    ReplyDelete