So I was cleaning out my inbox and came across a 4 year old email from (part-time) musician I'd met at a show one night with friends. We joked and talked about baseball, the ocean and how I missed it living inland. He asked about what that felt like (he's from the prairies). He was attentive, funny, smart and flirty. I asked about a phrase in one of his songs and he took my email to send me the lyrics. He sent it labeled “for Coastal lover”
I just now noticed the postscript that was added below the lyrics link. “Too rarely do I meet a sassy, articulate umpire. Last night was fun and I'd like to see you again sometime.”
For fack's sake! I totally didn't see it back then – so my response was purely to thank him for the music and kept it simple. I got a polite, short response back and that was that.
I just did a quick google stalk search. I found an album of his with several several songs about the sea and one titled “for coastal lover”. Around the album launch there are also mentions of his wife, who could also be a coastal gal. Or not - I'm ok with being a platonic muse. :-)
Anyway...it was obviously not meant to be, but that will teach me to pay attention to the next email I get from a fella I fancy.
Other notes -things I'm enjoying
- pomegranates, so messy to eat but so good
- the snowy, crisp winterland that has suddenly returned (honestly two days ago no snow and 12C)
- feeling of accomplishment after shoveling the driveway
- knowing I can have that feeling again, in a half-hour when the snow has filled it back up.
We haven't had much snow which for us is very rare to not have shoveled tons of snow by now. Not missing it really except it's hard to go skiing with no snow and Mike wants to take out his snowmobile too.
ReplyDeleteI love pomegranates but they are messy.
Take care and have a blessed evening.