Monday, December 5, 2011

Truthful hips

Motivation

Well to get to goals, beyond a plan I need motivation/inspiration. First people help – fellow bloggers – you do, your comments and your posts.  Eeven if I don't always comment it's more my lack of creativity than appreciation. 

Secondly, sometimes motivation is as simple and doing/keeping my job (see work related goals below) but for others I need something more. I've come across the last couple of points/tabs/links lately and thought I'd pass them on.

This video makes me tear up every time – clip of Derek Redmond finishing the race at the Barcelona Olympics, despite injury.

Getting past excuses – not sure if this is original or from another source but good stuff in there. “It will never be: easy,perfect, the right time...”

A post about lessons lived, reflections following a memorial service 

And another bit of excitement for me – I just registered for a belly dance class...I am a huge fan of Shakira and floaty scarves and my belly (it's soft and round – like a pony or a cupcake). The class doesn't start until January so until then – I'll do some practicing with this bit of excitement and energy and truthful hips. 

Enjoy!

What are your favourite expressions, videos, pictures for motivation?


Goals down
  • grocery shopping
  • 1 shared meal
  • confirmed entertainment for convocation ceremony
  • confirm speaker 

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to be bold, and suggest that motivation really has very little to do with achievement of goals. I find that its best to just make it more like a second job because there are always going to be "I dont wanna do it days" but we dont skip work when we dont want it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shakiras moves.. the woman is a beast :0) Motivation comes in different forms for me.. feeling good and healthy keeps my eating on track so you would think feeling good and healthy would keep my exercise on track too right? Nope.. somehow it doesnt and I slack major in that department... one day I will find what motivates me to workout consistently.. maybe.. hopefully ;) Glad to have come across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belly Dancing sounds fun!! I know you'll enjoy it!

    Oh - motivation. I go through spurts...and I agree with mizunogirl...it does have to be a second job otherwise it will get lost in the shuffle. It has to be priority.

    Having said that I'm terrible and motivation is hard to come by sometimes but other times it just happens on it's own (finding something healthy to eat that's delicious and sticking to it).

    Good luck!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I tried belly dancing at the spa one year. My hips were not very flexible, like the rest of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all - sorry I was late in replying.

    Be bold, mizunogirl, be bold! I think it makes sense to make working out a priority - I like schedules, I like following them.

    I can be indulgent (neglectful) and ignore the good things even though I know the pay-off is so worth it.

    I think it really is for me to make it a habit. And I am looking forward to the belly-dancing as something in the schedule and for fun - I'm not sure how my hips (or knees) will respond either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By far, one of my fave videos on youtube is this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

    Grab Kleenex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks qtnewf - yep - the picture when he crosses the finish line with his brother and father...pretty powerful.

    ReplyDelete