Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 1/34

I thought (after musing, pondering, debating, humming and hawing) that I'd give this 16+1 day diet a try, at least the first two cycles.  As I want to make lasting changes and will be exercising more than is recommended I won't be following it to the letter. So I will have fruit after 2pm and eat some non-probiotic yogurt and other oils in addition to olive and flax. 

I know that because of this I am likely to have less substantial weightloss than my friends (examples from earlier post), which is fine.  I'm hoping/planning for a 6 pound loss by day 35.

Day 1
breakfast - 2 boiled eggs* and red pepper
20 min walk to work
lunch - cabbage/broccoli/red pepper/ hummus salad with yogurt/flaxseed/blueberries
30 min walk
afternoon snack - almonds and vanilla almond milk
early dinner - smoked herring kippers with lemon juice and green tea
dinner - two sausages, broccoli, fried in chicken broth with garlic and lemon juice, asparagus soup and 3 prunes
Fitday.com says I'm at 1500 calories.  My feelings so far - ok but I am hungry, and my calories are not that much under my usual (17-1800).  My fat was too high today and I know I need more fresh stuff. The trip to the grocery store tonight will mean getting more protein (lean meat, fish, tofu), pro-biotic yogurt, hummus, flax oil, varied green teas, zevia (stevia pop), fruit and vegetables.  

I'll be posting about once a week as work is getting busy but I will still be following your blogs and wishing you the best (in your day, challenges, goals, successes).

Today's song to remind me to recognize the little changes and only take on a bit at a time - Step by Step - (NKOTB) - look at those dance moves!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the lasting changes. I don't know what it is but sometime in the last while, I've decided that it doesn't matter what speed it comes off, so long as it's coming off. I also want to enjoy what I'm eating and branch out more. And definitely increase my exercise. Good luck and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really have no interest in being in a little box, that when I leave all the weight comes back on. And I'm using this to figure out what foods I feel better/worse with.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh great. You started.
    I just got the book from the library yesterday, shall read it, and see how much I can adapt to it.
    I wish you lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what do you think of it? I see you are looking at a few routes - good luck to you as well

      Delete