Friday, May 18, 2012

So I can’t count and shoulda knocked on wood

It is now day 12 and within a few hours of writing that I could see this being long term I wanted to eat ev-er-y-thing!

My day was supposed to go like this
Breakfast: Smoothie ( choc almond milk, banana, blueberries, soy protein, kefir)
Snack: 3 dates
Lunch: Veggie ground round, red beans, half cob of corn, green salad with red peppers and feta
Snack: “Super yogurt”
Dinner: Chicken, veg, coconut, curry sort of soup.

I had that plus, plus, plus - I tried to pace myself with water and herbal teas but it only temporarliy slowed me down.

Also add: dried mango, papaya, strawberries, and a Kenyan puffed wheat snack, more dates, and in the evening a second helping of the soup, fresh coconut, then made up a peanut butter/cocoa/coconut treat (will refine and post recipe - not bad actually), and then a sort of tofu cream cheese /kefir/chocolate pudding. And then dark sea salt chocolate, even more dates and topped it off with a handful of cinnimon hearts.

It came to around 160 protein, 160 carbs, 50 fats, 2200 calories. The day is over, it was off-the-wagon (not just off-plan) but I’m going to hope that’s enough to convince my body there’s no famine and it will chill out the next couple of days (I'm sure I've read a theory like that).  Hoping, hoping, hoping. And I’ll have to get my head back in the game  because it really is a mind game with myself (and really only me).  Game on, game on, game on. 

Song of the day: Amii Stewart's Knock on Wood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztZ7WFo3nw

4 comments:

  1. You know I have come up with two reasons why this happens to me that I can't stop myself and want to eat constantly. One reason is because of my emotions. When something is/did bother me then I want to eat constantly for comfort. The second reason is when I eat a trigger food. Some foods, even very healthy ones, like banana, are trigger food for me. If I eat them I start craving more foods. I have learned that if I eat my trigger foods with some protein, like banana with peanut butter then I am OK. I am wondering if something you eat today is your trigger food. You will be fine tomorrow, I am sure. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I think you're right with the trigger food. If I look at it I think it was the dried fruit, ehich I should have figured from the first taste was heavily sweetened. I never thought about trying to off-set the trigger food with another but will give it a go next time.

      Delete
  2. I have to many days like the one you just described. I total get the trigger thing. Garlic is my trigger for for wanting chocolate. I LOVE garlic. And I really NEED chocolate after. Or it could be your body just needed something and you where trying everything around you to figure out what it was asking for. ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic to chocolate - very interesting, I wonder what the connection is.
      I totally support the idea that cravings often mean the body is searching for something - I'll have to stop and think for a minute the next time.

      Delete