A few years ago I did a strict no sugar thing (really, the first 10 days were even fruit free) and while it was helpful for health and useful for weightloss, it was hard to be social that way and I found any deviation resulted in a migraine.
The Carib-farm diet (like my Medi-farm diet) was more about simple, close to source food with a good mix of veggies, meat and even breads. My daily meals at the Carib-farm were predictable -
- 8:30am - bread with butter and jam, dried cranberries (to take with my iron pill)
- 12:30pm - constant was a big mixed green and veggie salad, rice, and pineapple for dessert. The entre varried (chicken curry, fried fishcakes, frittata, ground beef with fried cheese)
- 8:00pm - often veg and barley soup, or pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce.
So that's another approach I'm considering instead of the 16+1 diet. I'll admit part of it is I worry and doubt that I can stick to a rigid plan (even for just 18-1 days) and I've long thought it unfair and pointless to set yourself (or myself as the case may be) up for failture. So, I am still in the thinking/considering/pondering stage.
Girl I think whatever you find that works will be good. Just so you can stick to it. I would like to find a way to just eat normal every day food in moderation. Stuggling right now to do anything right.
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a blessed afternoon. Good luck with whatever plan works for you.